To help ensure all of our guests enjoy their Cadence Lodge experience, we offer:
Property Accessibility Features
- 32 inch wide openings to common areas
- Accessible entrance to pavilion (the Porterhouse)
- Accessible guest rooms with 32 inch wide openings
- Accessible ramp to office / guest registration
- Most areas of the hotel are accessible by wheelchair – including a wheelchair accessible route from the accessible parking spaces to all outdoor/public spaces
- All doorways to and within accessible guest rooms are wheelchair accessible
- All sidewalks and walkways free of any objects that pose a hazard to persons with low vision
- Connecting rooms available
- All common areas on ground floor
- All guest rooms on ground floor
- Parking directly in front of guest rooms with accessible parking spots including van accessibility (upon request)
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible guest rooms and common areas
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and entrance
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and guest room entry
- People in need of accessible features can book accessible rooms during the same time and terms that others can reserve rooms
- Service dogs allowed at no additional charge
- Staff has access to information about guest rooms
- WCAG Level 2.1 website
Guest Room Accessibility Features
- Service animals allowed
- Accessible power outlets
- Lower level individual thermostat
- 36" or more accessible path of travel around and between beds per ADA standards
- Table/desk height accessible with knee space 27” (width) and 34" (height)
- At least one power outlet with a clear space in front, 15” from ground
- Ground floor rooms available with 2 beds
- Wheelchair accessible route in room
Website Accessibility Features
To be fully accessible to all, our website follows W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation Shortcut - Our website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup - HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Click here to see our Site Map for easy navigation.
Image Visibility - All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards Compliance - The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, explains the reasons behind each guideline.
Section 508, information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
If you have difficulty reading our website on your screen, you may change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage. Learn about the accessibility features of these major internet browsers below:
Click here to learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).